Sunday, January 2, 2011

Enjoy the Ride

I miss writing!! It's good for the soul, or mine at least, and it clears my mind.

Kiddos are doing well and Tre' and I are trying to keep up with them. They will be turning 2 and 4 this month -- how on earth is that possible?? Izzy is loving preschool and has asked at least a dozen times over break when she gets to go back. Chip is loving trains and cars and anything his sister is doing. He's learning to throw a good tantrum here and there, but is still the more laid-back of the 2 by far. Christmas was wonderful and over much too quickly. Not ready to go back to work tomorrow, that's for sure!!

I've never been very good at New Year's Resolutions, at making or keeping them. So no big resolutions this year... However, I do want to relax a little more, let go a little bit, and worry a lot less. Tre' and I got to go to the Zac Brown Band concert with some friends on New Year's Eve -- had a BLAST! They have this song called, Quiet Your Mind - don't you love that??? The chorus says: Quiet your mind; soak it all in; It's a game you can't win, Enjoy the ride. So, I'm not making any resolutions, but I'm going to try to do those things a bit more. Quiet my mind, soak it all in, and enjoy the ride. Hopefully in doing so, I'll help my kids learn to do the same.

5 comments:

Circus Mama said...

Sounds like a good plan to me!! Can't believe the kiddos are getting so big. Glad you are taking opportunities to enjoy the ride. =)
Love ya girl!!

Martha from NC said...

So good to hear from you. The kids have grown like crazy especially Chip aka "Dawg". Glad you're enjoying the ride and taking it all in. Would love to see more pictures of the kiddos. Take good care of yourself dear one. Blessings!
Martha

bp said...

Hello, I was thinking about you and your family and Catie today. Just wanted to stop by and say hello and Happy Thanksgiving!

God bless you all!
Bethany

Jennifer said...

I know you have never met me, but I was thinking of you and your family today. I came upon Catie's story years ago on Caringbridge. I bought elves for my children that Christmas. I do not think our Christmas would be complete without those elves. My children starting asking for them to come before Thanksgiving. They have become our greatest Christmas tradition and I do not know what I will do when they no longer ask for them. I hope it last forever. I just wanted to thank you for those elves, we would not have them without you or Catie. I hope that your year has had many blessings.
Jennifer

Netflix help said...

Oh that was a cool post.thank you so much for share with us. please check it out Netflix help