Monday, May 3, 2010

Glimpses

into our day to day life...

Chip tinkled in the tub tonight while standing up. It's the first time he's ever "seen" himself tinkle. He thought it was hilarious!! Oh my goodness!! I laughed so hard!

Did you know that if your child covers herself, and I do mean COVERS herself, in BRIGHT PINK MAKEUP, it might not come off if you scrub her with Dial soap, but a little Shout will do the trick? Yes, I "Shouted it out" (or off) of Izzy!

Little boys can climb up and stand on top of toilet seats before they can walk. They are also fascinated with toilet water and will do anything they can to get to it.

There is no sweeter sound than the laughter of my children -- esp. when one is making the other laugh.

Hearing Little Man say, "Wuv you," absolutely melts my heart.

Painting is a very interesting experience when there are 2 young children in the house.

Little boys learn to make things go VROOM VROOM before they learn to talk and when they do learn to talk, "tractor" and "truck" will come shortly after (if not before) MaMa and DaDa.

Izzy cried longer than Chip when she closed his finger in the door and he had to get stitches.

My kids can turn a tub black with dirt faster than I can sneeze on these gorgeous spring days we've been having. I love it!! (except for the cleaning part)

Brownies after the kids go down taste wonderful.

Izzy enjoys saying "Boston Butt" (with a much higher pitch and great emphasis on the latter word) with a huge grin, b/c we don't usually let her say butt . However, saying that we're having Boston Hiney just doesn't sound very appetizing to me.

Sometimes I'm amazed at the amount of potty talk that I engage in on any given day. A lot of life with little children is all about bodily functions.

I love that Izzy knows that Catie was her sister and Chip's sister too. Lately, she's enjoyed looking at pics of Catie, and I love to hear her laugh at them.

8 comments:

Amy K said...

Precious moments to remember for a lifetime! Thanks for sharing them.

Blessings...

Jenn said...

What a beautiful, fun post!

jandkland said...

I love these glimpses from the lives of you and your delightful children! Thanks for sharing! And I totally agree with you about the brownies.

--Kelley

Anonymous said...

I have big kids now and thanks to your post I got a wonderful reminder of how much joy they are :) It seems to go by so fast somedays I cannot believe my youngest is off to college in the fall. I know its the goal of raising kids...but... couldn't they just need me a little longer?
Betty

Denise said...

Jenny - Love, Love, Love the post! Cherish these days, they go so quickly!

I hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day!

Love,

Denise

Kati said...

Kennedy, who doesn't walk and doesn't really seem to want too, will crawl as fast as her little body will go to get to the bathroom and play with the toilet. What is it with the toilet?

Miss you sweet friend!

Robin said...

Nice post :)

Amy K said...

Jenny - Just stopping by to wish you a Happy belated Mother's Day...I hope it was filled with many blessings and much joy!